Is your family coming to town for the holidays? Are you stuck cooking for them? Is money tight since Christmas is only a few weeks away? Try this inexpensive easy recipe for a Home-Cooked Dr. Pepper Pork Roast!
The best part about this recipe is you can really tweak it to what you have in your kitchen right now! Also depending on the size of pork roast it can feed anywhere from 3 – 15 people!
What you need:
- Pork Loin Roast (a 1.5lb roast feeds about 3-4 people, so buy depending on how many you are feeding)
- 1 Can of Dr. Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Tablespoons of Chopped Onions (fresh is better, but if you have dry that will work!)
- 3 Cinnamon Stick (or ground cinnamon if you don’t have sticks)
- 1 Orange (or can substitute with Apricot Jelly or fresh Apricot)
- 2 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
- Turn the crock-pot on high heat &spray with Pam to make the clean-up easier.
- Pour a teaspoon of the olive oil into a skillet large enough for the pork loin to sit in. On medium-high heat brown all sides of the pork loin. You can add salt & pepper to add some flavor. Once all sides are lightly brown and crisp, place into the crock-pot.
- Pour the entire can of Dr. Pepper into the crock-pot with the pork lion. Add all ingredients except the orange.
- Slice the orange and place the slices on top of the pork lion.
- Let cook on high until the meat is fully cooked (160 degrees).
- Take out of the crock-pot and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Now the crock-pot will have left over juices, pour that into a gravy bowl and serve with the pork (Most like a gravy with their pork and this will substitute for the gravy).
If you loved this recipe check out more of my home-cooked recipes here!